New York Real Property Law
Sec. § 220
Action for Use and Occupation

The landlord may recover a reasonable compensation for the use and occupation of real property, by any person, under an agreement, not made by deed; and a parol lease or other agreement may be used as evidence of the amount to which he is entitled.
Last accessed
Dec. 13, 2016