New York Domestic Relations Law
Sec. § 251
Filing of Order in Family Court

When, in a matrimonial action, the supreme court refers the issues of support, custody or visitation to the family court, the order or judgment shall provide that a copy thereof shall be filed by the plaintiff’s attorney, within ten days, with the clerk of the family court therein specified.
Last accessed
Dec. 13, 2016