New York Alcoholic Beverage Control Law
Posting of Signs
1. The authority shall prepare, have printed and distribute across the state to all persons with a license to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises or a license to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption off the premises a sign or poster with conspicuous lettering that states the following: "No person shall sell or give away any alcoholic beverages to:
1. any person under the age of twenty-one years; or
2. any visibly intoxicated person. IT IS A VIOLATION PUNISHABLE UNDER LAW FOR ANY PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF TWENTY-ONE TO PRESENT ANY WRITTEN EVIDENCE OF AGE WHICH IS FALSE, FRAUDULENT OR NOT ACTUALLY HIS OWN FOR THE PURPOSE OF ATTEMPTING TO PURCHASE ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE“. Such sign or poster shall be captioned with the word ”warning" in at least two inch lettering.
2. All persons with a license to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises or a license to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption off the premises shall display, in an upright position and in a conspicuous place, where it can be easily read by the clientele of the establishment, the sign or poster upon receiving it from the authority.
3. Any person with such license who violates the provisions of this section shall be subject to a civil penalty, not to exceed one hundred dollars for each day of violation.