New York Agriculture & Markets Law
Publication of Department Bulletins, Publications and Reports
24. Publication of department bulletins, publications and reports. There may be published by the department from time to time bulletins or other publications and reports containing accurate data, statistics and information.
1. As to agriculture, agricultural production, agricultural labor and the agricultural conditions of the state, and the development and improvement thereof, with a view of increasing farm production and values;
2. As to the sources, supply and prices of foods, their storage and accumulation at different places, and the quantities and location of the available supply thereof;
3. As to the market prices of foods;
4. As to facilities afforded for transportation, marketing and distribution of foods within the state;
5. As to matters pertaining generally to the production of foods, the actual food value of articles used as foods, and the sale and distribution thereof to the consumers, which in the opinion of the commissioner will prove valuable or of interest to the public;
6. As to investigations, hearings and inquiries conducted as provided in this chapter, the conclusions reached as to the matters involved therein, and the orders and recommendations made as a result thereof;
7. As to any other matter which the commissioner deems proper. Such bulletins, publications and reports and the information contained therein shall be published and distributed in the manner deemed best by the commissioner for the dissemination of knowledge as to the agricultural and dairy interests of the state and the production, sale, purchase, storage, marketing and distribution of foods, and the economic and food value of articles used as food. The cost of publishing such bulletins, publications and reports shall be paid in the same manner as other expenses of the department out of appropriations made therefor. Copies of the bulletins, publication and reports of the department may also be sold to the public at the estimated cost thereof, in accordance with a schedule of charges which the commissioner is hereby authorized to adopt.