New York Personal Property Law
1. Any person who shall wilfully violate any provision of this article shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished by a fine not exceeding five hundred dollars.
2. In case of failure by any person to comply with the provisions of this article, the buyer shall have the right to recover from such person an amount equal to the credit service charge or service charge imposed and the amount of any delinquency, collection, extension, deferral or refinance charge imposed.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, any failure to comply with any provision of this article may be corrected within ten days after the holder is notified thereof in writing by the buyer and, if so corrected, neither the seller nor the holder shall be subject to any penalty under this section.
4. Subdivision three of this section shall not apply to any person who wilfully violates any provision of this article in connection with the imposition, computation or disclosures of or relating to a credit service charge on a consolidated total of two or more contracts or obligations under the provisions of section four hundred ten, and the buyer may recover from such person an amount equal to the credit service charges and any delinquency, collection, extension, deferral or refinance charges imposed, contracted for or received on all contracts and obligations included in the consolidated total and the seller shall be barred from the recovery of any such charges.
5. Subdivisions one and three of this section shall not apply to any person who violates subdivision two-a of section four hundred three of this article.