New York Agriculture & Markets Law
As used in this article, unless otherwise expressly stated, or unless the content or subject matter otherwise requires:
1. “Person” means any person, firm, corporation, or association.
2. “Adulterated” means the same as set forth in section two hundred of this chapter.
3. “Poultry” means any domesticated bird, whether live or dead.
4. “Poultry product” means any poultry carcass, or part thereof; or any product which is made wholly or in part from any poultry carcass or part thereof, excepting products which contain poultry ingredients only in a relative small portion or historically have not been considered by consumers as products of the poultry food industry, and which are exempted by the commissioner from definition as a poultry product under such conditions as the commissioner may prescribe to assure that the poultry ingredients in such products are not adulterated and that such products are not represented as poultry products.
5. “Federal inspection” means the poultry and poultry products inspection maintained by the United States department of agriculture.