New York Alcoholic Beverage Control Law
1. No individual shall offer for sale or solicit any order in the state for the sale of any alcoholic beverage irrespective of whether such sale is to be made within or without the state, unless such person shall have a solicitors permit. Provided, however, that no permit under this section shall be required for an individual who is soliciting orders on behalf of a micro-brewery, farm brewery, farm cidery, farm winery, micro-farm winery, micro-distillery, micro-rectifier, or farm distillery licensed under this chapter.
2. Such a permit shall authorize the permittee to offer for sale or to solicit orders for the sale of any alcoholic beverages, and shall set forth the name, address and license number of the licensee whom the solicitor represents, and such solicitor shall not represent any licensee whose name does not appear upon such permit.
3. The license fee for such permit shall be twenty-six dollars per year, or for any part thereof, and the permit shall be issued for the calendar year.
4. Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section, any duly licensed manufacturer or wholesaler may apply to the liquor authority for an annual temporary solicitors employment permit. Such permit shall authorize such manufacturer or wholesaler to employ one or more persons as a solicitor for a period of not exceeding six months provided that within sixty days after such employee has been employed as a solicitor such employee shall file his application for a solicitors permit with the liquor authority. The license fee for such permit shall be thirty-eight dollars per year, or for any part thereof, and the permit shall be issued for the calendar year. Such permit and the exercise of the privileges hereby granted thereunder, shall be subject to such terms and conditions as may be prescribed by the liquor authority.
5. Notwithstanding any provision of this chapter to the contrary, a licensed winery or licensed farm winery may obtain from the liquor authority a solicitors permit authorizing the licensee to offer for sale or solicit any order for any New York state labelled wine. The authority shall not charge an application or permit fee for the issuance of a solicitors permit to a licensed winery or farm winery.