New York Agriculture & Markets Law
1. Moneys heretofore or hereafter received by the department pursuant to this chapter may, within one year from the receipt thereof, be refunded to the party for whose account same were received, on proof satisfactory to the commissioner that:
a. Such moneys were in excess of the amount required by law.
b. The license for which application was made has been refused by the commissioner.
c. Such moneys were received as payment for services or materials and such services have not been rendered or such materials furnished.
d. Such moneys were received as rental or concession fees and the applicant for such concession or lease has, by acts or omissions of the department, been deprived of the use of the leased premises or has been prevented from operation of the concession for the whole or a portion of the term of such lease or concession agreement; provided, however, that no such refund shall be for a greater proportion of the total rental or concession fee than the period of such loss of use bears to the period of such lease or concession agreement.
2. Such refunds shall, upon approval by the commissioner and after audit by the comptroller, be paid from any moneys in the custody of the department received as license fees, sales of materials, fees for services or for rentals, or fees for grants of concessions.
3. Whenever any person, firm, corporation or cooperative association has filed with the commissioner any surety bond or other security and fails to perform the conditions for which such surety bond or security was pledged, the commissioner may, after audit by the comptroller, distribute any proceeds therefrom in the manner provided by this chapter.
4. When the conditions under which any security (other than a surety bond) filed with the commissioner have been fully discharged, the commissioner may return such security to the person filing the same, together with any interest or income which may have accrued thereon; and the commissioner may also, from time to time and after audit by the comptroller, pay to the depositor any intermediate interest or income accruing from such security.
5. Nothing contained in this section shall in any way supersede, alter or amend the provisions of section thirty-one-c of this chapter.