New York Real Property Actions & Proceedings Law
Sec. § 1062
Plaintiff May Recover Sum Awarded; Court May Modify Judgment

§ 1062. Plaintiff may recover sum awarded; court may modify judgment. The plaintiff may, from time to time, maintain an action against the owner, or a person who was the owner of the property, to recover any instalment of the sum, so awarded to her for her dower, which became due during his ownership, and remains unpaid. Or, if an instalment remains due and unpaid, she may maintain an action to procure a sale of the property, and enforce the payment of the instalments, due and to become due, out of the proceeds of the sale. Such an action must be conducted as if the charge upon the real property was a mortgage to the same effect. If, at any time, it is made to appear to the court that the rental value of the real property has materially increased or diminished, the court may, by an order, to be made upon notice to all the persons interested, modify the final judgment by increasing or diminishing the sum to be paid to the plaintiff.
Last accessed
Dec. 13, 2016