New York County Law
Whenever used in this article, the following terms shall have the respective meanings hereinafter set forth or indicated:
1. Governing body. The term “governing body” means the elected legislative body of the county.
2. District. The term “district” means a county hurricane proection, flood and shoreline erosion control district except where otherwise stated.
3. Agency. The term “agency” means a county hurricane protection, flood and shoreline erosion control agency.
4. Administrative head or body. The term “administrative head or body” means the chief official or board of a county hurricane protection, flood and shoreline erosion control district.
5. Shoreline. The term “shoreline” means the lands between high and low water mark, the lands contiguous or adjacent to the high water mark, beaches, dunes and bluffs.
6. Single purpose flood or shoreline erosion control project. The term “single purpose flood or shoreline erosion control project” means a project which benefits only private properties within a district without substantial benefit to adjacent lands or waters not within such district.