New York Arts and Cultural Affairs Law
Advisory Council; Powers
1. The advisory council heretofore appointed by the commissioner of education is hereby continued consisting of seven members who need not be residents of the state, and each of whom shall serve at the pleasure of such commissioner. The term of office of members of such council shall be for two years. The chairperson heretofore designated by the members shall continue in office and shall have the responsibility of enforcing all such regulations pertaining to such council as will be promulgated by such commissioner.
2. In the event that a vacancy occurs on the advisory council either because of incapacity, death or disability or expiration of a term, such vacancy shall be filled by appointment of the commissioner of education for the balance of the unexpired term.
3. The advisory council shall visit and inspect all facilities maintained and operated by the department of education, and have such other powers and duties as may be required or authorized by the commissioner of education.
4. Meetings of the advisory council shall be bi-monthly, or more often as the commissioner of education may direct.
5. The members of the advisory council shall serve without pay but shall be paid their actual expenses necessarily incurred in the discharge of their official duties. No member of the council shall have any pecuniary interest in any contract pertaining to the operation and administration of the summer school of the arts or of any of its facilities.