New York Arts and Cultural Affairs Law
The Institute for the Hudson River Collection shall:
1. Take steps to develop, enhance, stimulate and facilitate public and private study and appreciation and interpretation of the heritage, legacy and patrimony of the Hudson river area.
2. Support research, publications, educational programs and artistic works interpreting the cultural and natural history of the Hudson river valley and advise and assist any state department, board, bureau, commission or other agency, or political subdivision of the state, in the preparation and distribution of publications by such agencies concerning the Hudson river area.
3. Facilitate statewide, interstate and international collaborations and exchange programs of art, artists and scholars on the Hudson river school of painting and the art history of the Hudson river valley.
4. Maintain and make accessible a comprehensive record of the artistic and cultural materials that document the heritage of the Hudson river valley.
5. Contract with other cultural institutions for the management of projects which it initiates or facilitates.
6. Accept and disburse private and public grants, gifts, contributions and bequests made in furtherance of its purposes.
7. Conduct such surveys as may be necessary, required or appropriate of the public and private institutions and individuals engaged in cultural and artistic activities in the Hudson river area, and make recommendations on means to encourage and expand public and private interest in the Hudson river area.
8. Hold public hearings on matters pertinent or appropriate to its purposes.
9. Enter into contracts, within the amounts appropriated therefor pursuant to section ninety-two-q of the state finance law, with individuals, organizations and institutions for cooperative endeavors furthering the cultural and artistic interests of the Hudson river area and the objectives stated in this article.
10. Establish a New York state Hudson river art collection composed of public and private holdings. The institute shall catalogue works of art in the New York state Hudson river art collection.
11. Make and sign any agreements and do and perform any acts necessary, desirable or appropriate to carry out the purposes of this article.