New York Military Law
Control of Armories and Other Facilities
1. All armories, arsenals, camps, ranges, bases and other facilities owned, leased or maintained by the state or by the United States for the use of the organized militia and all activities conducted therein shall be under the general charge and control of and shall be regulated by the adjutant general. He shall be responsible to the governor for the proper expenditure of all moneys appropriated therefor.
2. When two or more units of different forces of the organized militia are stationed in one armory, arsenal, camp, range, base or other facility, the adjutant general shall designate the officer to be in direct charge and control thereof, shall apportion the quarters and facilities therein to be occupied by each unit and shall regulate the military use and the care thereof. The adjutant general shall also designate the officer to be in direct charge and control of any armory, arsenal, camp, range, base or other facility which the adjutant general may retain under his sole jurisdiction.
3. Except as provided in subdivision two hereof, the commander of the force concerned shall designate the officer to be in direct charge and control of each armory, arsenal, camp, range, base or other facility. All officers so designated pursuant to this subdivision and subdivision two hereof shall observe and enforce all laws, orders and regulations applicable to such armory, arsenal, camp, range, base or other facility, their furnishings, equipment, contents and all activities conducted therein and to the persons employed therein. They shall perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by the adjutant general.
4. Subject to the regulations of the adjutant general, officers in charge and control so designated may establish and conduct stores, restaurants, messes and places of recreation in the armory, arsenal, camp, range, base or other facility under their charge and control or they may enter into agreements with responsible parties for establishing and conducting the same.
5. The adjutant general and any officer designated by him, shall have access to all parts of all armories and other facilities at all times.