N.Y. Civil Practice Law & Rules Section 7011

An appeal may be taken from a judgment refusing to grant a writ of habeas corpus or refusing an order to show cause issued under subdivision (a) of section 7003, or from a judgment made upon the return of such a writ or order to show cause. A person to whom notice is given pursuant to subdivision (a) of section 7009 is a party for purposes of appeal. The attorney-general may appeal in the name of the state in any case where a district attorney might do so. Where an appeal from a judgment admitting a person to bail is taken by the state, his release shall not be stayed thereby.

Source: Section 7011 — Appeal, https://www.­nysenate.­gov/legislation/laws/CVP/7011 (updated Sep. 22, 2014; accessed Dec. 9, 2023).

Dec. 9, 2023

Last modified:
Sep. 22, 2014

§ 7011’s source at nysenate​.gov

Link Style